Killer pleads not guilty to Belmarsh guard attack

This post was originally published on this site.

Killer pleads not guilty to Belmarsh guard attack

ByRuth Comerford

London
  • Published

Double murderer and rapist Simon Levy has pleaded not guilty to attacking a guard at Belmarsh prison.

The 41-year-old serial sex offender, who is serving a whole life sentence for murdering two women and raping a third, has been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and intentional suffocation at the maximum security prison.

On Monday, Levy denied both charges at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.

The alleged attack on the prison guard happened on 18 February when Levy was in custody awaiting trial for double murder, rape and multiple sexual assaults.

Prosecutor David Burns told the court Levy was finishing a meeting with Belmarsh guard Paul Dunne when he “attacked him with a pen, stabbing him multiple times to the arm and neck”.

Burns said Dunne fell to the floor and Levy “grabbed the officer around the throat” before allegedly tightening his grip.

Levy’s lawyer, Jason Lartey, told the court Levy denies assaulting the officer or grabbing him around the throat.

The case has been sent to Inner London Crown Court for trial, with a hearing set for 14 September.

Last week, Levy was jailed for the murders of Carmenza Valencia-Trujillo, 53, in March 2025 and 39-year-old Sheryl Wilkins five months later.

In January 2025, he raped a third woman in the same Tottenham car park where Wilkins was later found dead.

Before these attacks, he had served time for two sexual assaults in 2018.

Earlier this year, he was jailed for 11 further sexual assaults committed between 2022 and 2025.

Related internet links

Hot this week

Pub planning protections will not stop closures, industry warns

Property developers will have to prove there is no...

Trump envoy Kushner meets Netanyahu after Hamas talks on peace plan

US President Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner is seeking to gain Israeli backing for the US-backed Gaza peace plan.

Man City move for £85m Bouaddi and still want Fernandez

Manchester City are in advanced talks with Lille over a move for Morocco midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi.

Cambridge chancellor criticises ‘racist feeding frenzy’ around Jason Arday

Jason Arday, the former University of Cambridge professor at the centre of a plagiarism row, was found dead last week.

Topics

spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img